STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. In consideration of the payment of the Licence Fee to the owner the Licensee shall have the right to use the storage unit(s) as stated in the Licence Agreement for the initial period and
thereafter on a calendar monthly basis subject to the due payment of the monthly Licence Fee and to the Licensee complying with these Terms and Conditions.
2. The owner may by not less than 14 days notice to the Licensee require the Licensee to remove from the storage unit(s) being used by him to such other unit(s) as the owner shall
direct and the owner shall have no responsibility for any costs or loss occasioned thereby.
3. The licensee shall if so required by the Owner pay a deposit equal to 1 month’s Licence Fee or such larger sum as the owner may require. This deposit shall be refunded to the
Licensee upon the termination of the Licensee Agreement and the vacation of the storage unit(s) subject to any reductions required and assessed by the Owner under the terms hereof
4. The Licence Fee shall be
4.1 as stated in the Licence Agreement (subject to increase by not less than 14 days notice by the Owner to the Licensee)
4.2 payable in advance on the commencement date and thereafter on the like day of each month
4.3 paid by the licensee by automatic visa/swith transaction (unless otherwise permitted by the owner)
5. If so notified by the Owner to the Licensee the Licensee shall pay Value Added Tax at the appropriate rate in addition to the Licence Fee.
6. The Owner shall be responsible for the payment of any Council Tax or Business Rates in respect of the storage unit(s)
7.1. The Licensee shall have access to the storage unit(s) between the hours of 9.00a.m. and 6.00p.m. on weekdays and between 9.00a.m. and 1.00p.m. on Saturdays.
There is no usual access on Sundays.
7.1. Access to the storage unit(s) at other times may be provided upon request to the Owner and then at the discretion of the Owner and the Licensee shall upon access being provided pay
a special opening fee as from time to time prescribed by the Owner.
8.1 The Licensee shall not use the storage unit(s) for any purpose other than for the storage of goods and general property and the Owner reserves the right to require the Licensee to
remove any particular item(s) and the Licensee shall then forthwith remove the same
8.2 Without prejudice to the foregoing the Licensee shall not use the storage unit for any wholesale, retail, auction or other sales nor for carrying on any business at or from the storage
unit(s) nor for any residential purposes and no one shall sleep in the storage unit(s).
8.3 No inflammatory or noxious substances shall be stored or retained by the licensee in the storage unit(s)
9. The Licensee shall not allow anyone other than himself or his servants or his agents to use or to have access to the storage unit(s) and shall not grant any sub-Licence relative to the
storage unit(s) or otherwise give permission for use, whether for gain or not.
10.1 The licensee shall be responsible for the state and condition (otherwise than external painting) of the storage unit(s) and for security in relation to the same and as to whatever may be
held in storage by the Licensee.
10.2 The Licensee shall give notice in writing to the Owner as to any defect in or damage to the storage unit(s) so soon as the same is discovered or occurs.
10.3 Upon the termination of the Licence Agreement the Licensee shall forthwith vacate the storage unit(s) and shall leave the same in the condition originally provided
11. The Licensee shall allow the Owner access to the storage unit(s) to enable inspection of the contents and/or condition of the unit(s)
12. Any damage or dilapidation (as assessed by the Owner) shall be paid by the Licensee and the Owner may retain such of the deposit as may be needed to cover
the cost of repair as to damage. Any balance of cost due from the Licensee shall be payable to the owner upon the termination of the Licence Agreement or within seven days of
notification of such sum to him.
13. SECURITY RISK
13.1 The Licensee shall at all times keep the unit padlocked with his own padlock
13.2 The Owner specifically excludes any responsibility for insurance of the Licensee’s property. The Licensee’s property shall be at the Licensee’s risk at all times and the Licensee shall
take out the appropriate insurance at full replacement value of his property
14. The Owner shall have no liability to the Licensee in respect of
14.1 Any death or personal injury or associated loss occasioned to the licensee or to anyone in or about the storage unit with his permission unless the same shall have been
due to the fault of the Owner or of his servants or agents and in the event that there is any claim arising out of the condition of the storage unit(s) no claim shall be
accepted for any occurrence prior to actual receipt by the owner of notice of any defect as provided above.
14.2 Any failure for whatever reason to provide the Licensee with access to the storage unit
15. The Licence Agreement may be terminated/cancelled by either the Owner or the Licensee giving to the other not less than 14 days written notice
16. Upon notice of termination of the Licence agreement by either the Owner or the Licensee the licensee shall pay to the Owner all Licence fees then due and to arise through to the
17. In the event that the Licensee shall neglect or fail to pay any Licence or other fees due for the use of the storage unit(s) for more than 14 days after the same shall have become due
and payable the owner may and without reference to The Licence remove any goods or property of the Licensee in or about the storage unit(s) and may forthwith sell or otherwise dispose of the same ( without any responsibility as regards sale price or proceeds obtained) and use all money arising to pay costs of removal for sale and then such outstanding fees with any balance arising being paid to the licensee
18. Nothing in these standard Terms and Conditions of Business nor in the Licence Agreement shall constitute any relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the Owner and Licensee
19. Any notice to be given by either the Owner or the Licensee shall be in writing and shall be validity given if delivered personally or by the Owner to the storage unit(s) or otherwise on
the second day (excluding days when there is no postal delivery) after the posting of the same by first class post
20. There shall be no alteration or modification of these Standard Terms and Conditions of Business unless the same shall be in writing and signed by the Owner